Thursday, November 1, 2012

Burgers and fries!!!!


FCA Day #1:  Mr. Dan's Hamburgers       5902 N Michigan Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46228, USA

     



"Mr. Dan did us right today.  He did us right."    Bob

Being that I was a youngster in the 70's, I felt like I had time-warped as soon as I walked into this placeTightly squeezed into what could be a single car garage, I was surprised to see the place spic'n'span.  The minor unease I felt about the location of this joint was nearly relieved by the clean orange and brown painted walls, and the newly mopped basket-brown ceramic tiles.  Most noteworthy, though, is that the grill was amazingly clean; I was at peace.

The menu is simple, but not underwhelming.  Burgers, fries, chili, hot dogs... the usual fast food.  Their fries are seasoned lightly, a nice addition.  Not too greasy, the similarity to Wendy's was mentioned, except that the meat actually seemed more tasty.  They gave me a spork to eat my chili - first time i have used one in a long long time. But hey, today we're in 1974...

 The Chili Dan and fries

 Triple Dan w/ cheese and bacon (bun tossed aside) and chili

We left happy and the overall experience was pretty good.  The staff were really friendly!

The Scale:
  Bryan:  7
  Brad: 7
  Bob: 10 (and I quote:  "10, mine was that good")
  Ian:  n/a

No comments:

Post a Comment