Monday, March 11, 2013

The best pizza in the state. No joke!


FCA Day #11:  South of Chicago Pizza    619 Virginia Ave Indianapolis, IN


"I feel like I just ate a large baby."  Bryan

This little gem of a pizza shop has flown under the radar of most people in Indy, but we are bringing it to the masses!!  The concept is not new, but the pizza.... oh the pizza is as good as the deep dish I have had in Chicago!



The buffet is simple, usually 1 veggie (or cheese) and 2 with meat.  The salad bar is small, but adequate.



Their sauce is superb, with that little bit of bitterness that says "yes, I am made from fresh tomatoes!".  We ate way more than we should have and so we all left in pain.  Bryan did not eat for 18 hours afterward.  Brad was so impressed he threw down the unprecedented 10 score!


The Scale:
  Ian: Meal: 10, Experience: 7
  Bryan:  Meal: 9.5, Experience: 9
  Brad: Meal: 10, Experience: 8
  Bob: Meal: 9, Experience: 9

4 comments:

  1. I recently just found this place, and I happen to go in on a Monday afternoon which was a good choice, because on Monday they have their Italian Beef on the buffet as well...The pizza is amazing, the Italian beef might be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard good things about their Italian beef. And it's on the buffet? Wow. New goal - make it down on a Monday!

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend and I went there last week. Everything fantastic until I found a 6in long cord in my pizza. Disgusting.... Never again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, more fiber!
      Seriously, that sucks. My experiences have been great there so far. I'll have to keep an eye out for...special prizes.

      Delete